ntoskrnl.exe modding and application

Hey all...

i've searched long and hard, but... nuttin.../.

i believe i've finally figured out how to mod the multiprocessor kernel ; ntkrnmp.exe.

but i haven't seen anything saying how to use it, unattendedly.

i'm using the bootcfg /a /raw /kernel=oemkrnl.exe /id 1 etc etc method for ntoskrnl.exe

if i use the same method for the ntkrnlmp.exe, then i believe my comp will not boot up as it's locked into trying to use the ...mp.exe IF my hyperthreading is disabled.

I think tbhis will hppn because the comp DOES crash when using a modded ntoskrnl.exe which works with hyperthreading is off, but does NOT while my hyperthreading is enabled.

so in this method, i'd have to leave hyperthreading on if i were to use a modded ntkrnlmp.exe, i really do need to find a diferent way. Anyone know how?

The only solution i can think of right now, is compressing, and REPLACING it with the old ntkrnlmp.ex_ in \i386\. i don't really like this method really, caused me my share of problems when i replaced the ntoskrnl.exe with the ORIGINAL in sp1a.

[please do not change this into a debate about why in gods name i'd wanna switch hyperthreading off]

cheers!

creating the two different types of kernels is the same no matter which you're using. You're problem is SELECTING which one to use at runtime.

FOR /F "tokens=3 delims=  " %%A IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment" /v NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS') DO SET NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=%%A

bootcfg /copy /D "Windows XP Professional" /ID 1
if %NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%==2 goto DUAL
REM ----For Single proc
bootcfg /RAW "/Kernel=OEMKrnl.exe" /A  /ID 2
goto End
:DUAL
REM ----For Multiprocess/Hyperthread proc
bootcfg /RAW "/Kernel=dualKrnl.exe" /A  /ID 2
:End
bootcfg /Timeout 2
bootcfg /Default /ID 2

The singkrnl.exe is the normal ntoskrnl.exe file, while dualkrnl is ntkrnlmp.exe.

Both need to be in system32. Just create a batch file, and run it during yoru install.