How to modify .msc files?

XPero

Actually, .msc files don't contain any resources. So you don't need to modify anything in there. All .msc files are like plug-ins, which are read by the MMC console and displayed to you.

Try opening any .msc file with notepad, and you will see what I mean. Now, I've tried XPize, and I think I know what you want to change...... Try to open MMC.exe with resource-hacker - that's where all the relevant resources are stored.

Hoping this helps....

Actually, .msc files don't contain any resources. So you don't need to modify anything in there. All .msc files are like plug-ins, which are read by the MMC console and displayed to you.

Try opening any .msc file with notepad, and you will see what I mean. Now, I've tried XPize, and I think I know what you want to change......  Try to open MMC.exe with resource-hacker - that's where all the relevant resources are stored.

Hoping this helps....

Yes, I've already XPized mmc.exe (you can see the new toolbar for example) but why services.msc has an icon (gears)? Where is this icon stored?...I've edited servdeps.dll and I was able to modify some services icons (those near every service name), but at the left of the window, I see 2 more gears icons and also another near the title...those are what I looking for, so I thought that service.msc was the answer... :unsure: I'm lost right now...Thanks for help anyway prathapml

XPero