Help with .reg files

army20

Hi, This is the first time i'm trying this.

How to remove key from registry ?

This is what I want to remove:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"RoxioEngineUtility"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Roxio Shared\\System\\EngUtil.exe\""
"RoxioDragToDisc"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Roxio\\Easy CD Creator 6\\DragToDisc\\DrgToDsc.exe\""
"RoxioAudioCentral"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Roxio\\Easy CD Creator 6\\AudioCentral\\RxMon.exe\""

I've did this without success:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\RoxioEngineUtility]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\RoxioDragToDisc]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\RoxioAudioCentral]

I tought I only had to put a little "-" before the line :(

-M

A .reg key? :blink:

Why do you need a reg key to do that? Do you have more than 5 systems that need roxio, but you dont want the Drag-to-Disk to load at windows startup? I dont get it, just go into msconfig, or use this program to see what exactly is starting with windows, and finally you could go into regedit and do it too? no need to make a file unless you have alot of system that you need to do this on.

Deleting Registry Values from the Run section of your Win XP registry without opening the Registry Editor

Go to Start => Run and type the following before clicking OK

REGEDIT /E %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\run.reg "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"

The code above should all be on one line with a space like this! run.reg "HKEY_

Right Click the new run.reg file on your desktop and edit it as necessary. (see below)

To delete a registry value, delete everything after the = in the required key and replace it with a -

For example, to delete the RoxioEngineUtility registry value from the run registry key, (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run), put a hyphen after the "RoxioEngineUtility"= in the .reg file.

i.e

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

"RoxioEngineUtility"=-

When you have made your changes to the file, save it and close.

Now Double Click the saved run.reg file on your desktop and agree to the merge.

You will not notice the changes until you restart your PC.