I always have problems with DVD-RWs

I use a network install of XP at work, but I've been translating it into a DVD installation for a colleague. Up until now I've been doing repeated runs with a DVD-RW until I get it right, but I always get some sort of problem. During the copying-of-files phase, I usually get some sort of message that a file is missing, and do I want to retry or ignore. And with a re-burn of the same image with a different disc, I'll get the message about some other file.

Based on what I've read so far, I think these sort of errors are usually associated with a "bad burn". Does that sort of thing tend to happen with DVD-RWs? And will I have better luck when I'm ready to use a regular DVD-R?

FYI -- if I cut out a bunch of apps and do it on a CD-RW, it works perfectly every time.

Also FYI -- Plextor 708UF and Roxio 5.

give us the brand of your dvd burner, the specs of your computer, the media you are using, and what write speed.

i burn all my stuff on dvd +RW i hv a liteon 1633s dual layer drive

never had a problem unless i go buy 15 cents dvd rw media. the cheapo

ones. But when i us HP branded DVDRW media perfect each time

I only use Nero Reloaded 6.6.3 to burn nothing else. Works perfect.

i use dvd-rw without ANY problems. i use CDImage_Pro from this website to make an ISO, then burn it using Nero (finalize checked), and all works perfectly.

Some BIOS's seem to have problems reading it, but mine is fine (and that rhymed!)