Cuteftp pro silent switch plz

Astalavista

Well one strange thing I noticed.. at least with my installer.. you can also extract it using WinRaR... but it only extract the windows msi components and nothing thats actually executable to launch the cuteftp installer...

Also, youll noticed that while the initial setup screen says installsheild, it actually uses Windows Installer... so the -r wont work.

Theres gotta be a way to do this...

Hey, since the MSI is asking for the setup.exe to run silently, try editing the MSI to remove requirement for setup.exe. There was such a post in the iTunes 4.7 thread.

Other than that, cuteFTP has *GOT* to work with the setup.iss

setup.exe -s -k

Complete CuteFTP Professional 6 MSI install instructions

Download and run the install exe before you click on next button, There should be a directory in the %temp% directory with the following files "CuteFTP 6 Professional.msi" and "isscript.msi".

To perform the install run the following command (batch file) with the two msi files in the same directory.

@echo off

msiexec /i "isscript.msi" /qb

msiexec /i "CuteFTP 6 Professional.msi" issetupdriven=1 allusers=1 installlevel=1 reboot=reallysuppress /qb

echo done installing CuteFTP Professional 6

pause

You still have to register the copy but it is installed.

@ staples

1st off.. awesome work and thanks a ton! Is there an additional switch to redirect the installation path?

Also CuteFTP Pro v8.1? Latest version I can see is 6.0

@ Asta

If you want to stick with a batch file just use

CMDOW @ /HID

Also, is anyone having issues uninstalling this once its been installed using this method?