Unattended Office XP doesn't seem to work :(

I followed the instructions to the letter (or so I thought), I have it all set up, testing it on VirtualPC, and it gets up to the batch command, and it opens a command window (cmd.exe equiv) and just sits there, until I type "exit" and press enter, and Office XP hasn't installed..

Anybody have any ideas on this matter?

the location is trying is

start /wait "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Office XP\Cd1\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-"

@peejaygee

Everything seems alright. The problem here, is that you have unnecessary quotes around the command. Run the command straight out - no need for quotes. The below should work:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Office XP\Cd1\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

will that work without quotes?

wont it mess up at 'Office XP' in the directory?

try to rename the directory to OfficeXP and then use this

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\OfficeXP\Cd1\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

I find the best results if i dont have any spaces in my directory names.

@BritishBulldog

You're correct.

Always try to avoid spaces in file/folder names - atleast for your uA CD. Then, if you don't want to avoid spaces, put the quotes only around the file-path. The switches should be independent of the quotes. Like below:

start /wait "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Office XP\Cd1\setup.exe" TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

On the CD, "$OEM$\$1\Install\Applications\Office XP\Cd1\" is the folder that should exist - please confirm. The "Install" folder need *NOT* have a "$" character in its name!

And about the $1 - whatever is in that folder will get copied to C:\ - so it has to be that way.