Is there a way of transferring, to PC....

Marztabator

depending on your setup... In the the UK most operators use voice banks so the message you listen too is stored on a remote system. To have the ability to record this you would need to buy a device to record phone calls. They are easy to get from most electronic shops. Once recorded you could then transfer to your pc via USB/LINE IN depending on the type of recorder you have. For me this would be too much work....

I see. It's just that I don't like the idea how mobiles save a message for only '7 days'. To me that isn't really saving it as such, more like keeping it company for a while then kicking it back out into the rain again.

Do Carphone Warehouse sell things like these, or is there a high-quality and detailed (while still easy to understand for a dummy like moi) webpage somebody could link?

I seem to remember a nokia phone that could record calls. I cant remember the handset number but try searching for it on the nokia site. But it was a while ago. A way round it would be to divert it to your home/office answer machine instead of using the moble one. Then you could record direct to your PC if you have a modem capabe of this. most high spec modems can do this from us robotics.

hail hail