Longhorn 4074 Driver Errors

rajkosto

Loads of drivers don't work...

Video for Ati Radeon 9000 pro :

INstall using exe...Says i shoould use generic driver...Using control panel to update driver ...explorer crashes...

Audio for Realtek AC 97 :

INstall using exe,just the control panel installs...Install using control panel to update driver...Driver is installed and working i can see it but it still says NO SOUND in the Sound control panel applet...

B2C2 Sattelite card:

After instaling drivers using update driver longhorn refuses to start anymore (just hangs at login screen (CTRL+ALT+DEL thing))

Bluetooth dongle :

After installing it says that WIDCOMM licence does not cover usage with this OS

So how do i fix thses (VIdeo and audio are most important) ?

anyway...i sucesfulyl installed the video driver by using windows xp compartibility mode.

but i found out that it HANGS because of teh AUDIO not satelite drivers...

I really need audio more than sattelite so can anyone help me

also,in Endemix's tour i saw that his GAMES folder (in my computer) works.Mine doesn't.It says i need NTFS...but for the other folders (the Storage ones) it says that the quick link i specified was unable to complete sucesfully...how do i fix this ?

Most of your problems are caused by the fact that this is an alpha release. I know there is a newer build for Athlon 64. I am also experiancing most of the problems you are using build 4074, and since Microsoft plans to totally change the driver architecture, I see compatibility getting to a point where the old drivers wont work anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
Most of your problems are caused by the fact that this is an alpha release.  I know there is a newer build for Athlon 64.  I am also experiancing most of the problems you are using build 4074, and since Microsoft plans to totally change the driver architecture, I see compatibility getting to a point where the old drivers wont work anymore.

Much like XP eh?

Yes you have to have an NTFS installation.

this is because the alpha release still contains the WinFS and it is an add-on to NTFS.

I had no problems installing drivers for my radeon 9600SE card. But I think you will find that older hardware is not as supported as in previous versions of Windows.

Probably because this is not public release and the recommended specs on it are high enough that older machines just wont be capable of installing it.

I have a 2GHz processor 1.3 GB of RAM and it still took an hour to install it!

• 1 month later...