some regtweaks ingored/overwritten?

bek

OK, got my nLite CD 99% there, however I have some items that either do not take or are getting reset somehow/where.

I have 3 items in my cmdlines.txt

[COMMANDS]
"REGEDIT /S regtweaks.reg"
"custompower.cmd"
"cleanuplinks.cmd"

Here are the problem childs:

1) in winnt.sif...

[Components]
OEAccess=off  <---- but there it is! StartMenu/Programs/Outlook Express !!!

Add/Remove Programs shows it checked!

2) in regtweaks.reg...

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]
"Wallpaper"="wallpaper.bmp" <--- this gets reset to <none>; this is also set in, and works ok in HKCU...

3) in regtweaks.reg...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
"DisableCachingOfSSLPages"=dword:0x00000001
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Cache]
"Persistent"=dword:0x00000000

Does not take! (it does if I apply it again, same as above#2); I have tried this using either /both HKCU, HKU/.DEFAULT keys

4) in regtweaks.reg...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Cache_Percent_of_Disk"=hex:02,00,00,00
"Delete_Temp_Files_On_Exit"="yes"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Cache\Content]
"CacheLimit"=dword:0x00032000

This is an odd one - works setting the reg, but does not reflect it in the GUI (IE Settings); but if I change it in the GUI it does show up in this reg key.

I suspect that some of these are due to the default profile changing on first run - but I thought that using cmdlines.txt would set the defaults?if so then why does HKU\.DEFAULT settings go away?

Well, as far as itmes #3, and 4... I see my error:

When converting REG ADD cmds to REGEDIT format I had left in the hex "0x" prefix.

Still no clue as to why Outlook Express still shows up...

I have seen that if you have any hot-fixes/updates being installed for IE or OE, the access=off setting becomes useless.

As for #2 (your wallpaper tweak), don't use "./DEFAULT" key in registry. Convert that tweak to HKCU, and apply it at T-12 (thru cmdlines.txt).

OEAccess... nope just a standard slip-streamed XpSP2; the last test worked as far it not showing up elsewhere in the menu's, however the admin profile and any new profile still gets the StartMenu/Programs/Outlook Express icon.

Part of my cleanup deletes various .lnk's out of %ALLUSERSPROFILES% and %USERPROFILE% which works except the above scenario.

I have the wallpaper set in both .Default and HKCU in cmdlines.txt (part of the regtweak.reg). What seems to happen is that the CU gets the wallpaper, but the login background gets reset to <none>; If I run:

REG ADD "HKU\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop" /v Wallpaper /t REG_SZ /d %windir%\wallpaper.bmp /f

Then I get the desired result; but I want this set during setup. should I add this to RunOnce instead?