XP unattended upgrade cd?

XP home is the same process as the Pro CD.

But where you *WILL* find it different in your case, is that the upgrade CD will ask for valid qualifying media - so it will not be fully unattended. This is only because the XP home CD you mention is not a retail CD. Other than that, all else would be the same.

XP home is the same process as the Pro CD.

But where you *WILL* find it different in your case, is that the upgrade CD will ask for valid qualifying media - so it will not be fully unattended. This is only because the XP home CD you mention is not a retail CD. Other than that, all else would be the same.

hmmm thought so, is there anyway around it? i have read about putting a ntldlr file in c: but how could i get the unattended cd to copy a file before it asks?

i got a similar problem. win 95 is my qualifying media, but its a pain to keep grabbing it for what is otherwise an unattended install. I've heard about the ntldr at root but no- one has gone on to explain how. After re-reading all the guides etc, i reckoned the $oem$ folders using the text mode folder would be the way to go. No success so far. Any pointers?

you would need a boot floppy to format the drive and copy the file to c:

then remove and boot the CD, but you cannot repart the drive as it would erase the file.

in any way you look at it, it will still be a 2 step process