Video Conf. with Firewire Camera?

karls202

I have installed the WinXP Beta Release 2, and I have a Sony DV Camcorder connected to my firewire port. WinXP detects it no problem, and I can use it with Windows Movie Maker, but when I try to video conference with it in Windows Messenger, the setup dialog gives me an error "Either the camera is not working or another program is using it"

I have the ATI All-In-Wonder 128 AGP card, and I get the same error when I connect the camera to the composite video in on the video card.

The only camera I can get to work under this is my Logitech Web Camera with a USB connection, but the picture quality is terrible.

I REALLY want to use my digital camcorder with the firewire port. Is this possible?

I also tried Netmeeting, but the firewire camera wouldn't work under this either.

Well since you have RC-2 installed I would have to put it off to a XP promblem. I had several promblems with webcaming and video when I first started with XP.The drivers now are alot better supported. You said there are beta drivers. Have you tried them?

-Chris