Adding LNX BBC to UBCD

Blyenth

Hello all,

I have been struggling and searching for this all day. And I am sure it's posted some where on here or on the internet but my eyes are about ready to fall out from not blinking for many hours....

Anyhow the problem:

I don't have a lot of room left on my UBCD but I would really like to add a LNX BBC to it. I just can't seem to find a way to call the iso. I tried extracting all the files and calling lnx.img as the boot image using both memdisk and bcdw (newest version of cdshell and bcdw) and it looks like it's going to load but then it errors out and says it can't find the CD-ROM. Any suggestions. Thanks

Mike

Hi Blyenth,

I just got my Knoppix distro up-n-running on my Multi-DVD. Found the info I needed on this site and on 911CD site and by searching and reading. Here's what worked fro me:

***************I believe the credit goes to Godzilla.***************

I tried "my" way again with the Knoppix Version v3.6 (KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-DE.iso) and it works.

Just follow these steps:

-Copy the folder (cdrom:\boot\)ISOLINUX folder from cd to your harddisk

-Rename the isolinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg and DELETE boot.cat & isolinux.bin

-Download the attached file and unzip it, start winimage, load/open the file

-Put all files from ISOLINUX folder on your harddisk into the image file

There should be 12 files in your image: boot.msg, f2, f3, german.kbd, ldlinux.sys, linux24, linux26, logo.16, memtest, minirt24.gz, minirt26.gz, syslinux.cfg

-If that's correct SAVE the image

You have to put this image in your AIODVD folder. I have a folder called images and put there all my images (also the 4320.img) i need, and i start them via cdshell with the following line

CODE

if ($lastKey == key[k]); then bcdw /images/4320.img

If there are any problems, read the above 2-3 times 

When there are still problems, let me know and i'll try to help you.

@Godzilla

This worked for Knoppix, I don't see why it wouldn't work for BBC also with some modifications.

You'll need a few tools like WinISO and a Hex editor to get the job done.