Disappearing Typing cursor after SP2 upgrade

Brutus

:w00t: After installing SP2 on our Desk Top which runs XP Home. While typing the typing cursor will disappear. I notice that the window in the task bar changes from a dark color to a light color. This normaly happens as you open addtional windows. Also can not save log on's. Have to enter them each time. Have been waiting for help from MSN for 3 weeks now.

hi, welcome to MSFN!

While typing the typing cursor will disappear

goto control panel > Mouse > Pointer Options , Uncheck "Hide Pointer While Typing" if its not checked, check it, then apply it, then uncheck it .. it may work :)

I notice that the window in the task bar changes from a dark color to a light color

this happens when the window is out of focus (meaning u are active in another window)

Also can not save log on's

what do u mean? it doesnt auto login with your account anymore?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"DefaultUserName"="Put The username here"
"DefaultPassword"="Put Your Actual Password Here"
"AutoAdminLogon"="1"

save it as a *.reg file & double click it 2 place the entries in the registry :)

:w00t: Yes the window goes inactive on its own. I will be typing and all the sudden there is no type appearing on screen and window has gone to inactive status. When you log on to a site such as this. It will ask you if you want to save log on. I check yes. But it never save the log on in any web site. The mouse cursor does not dissappaer. It is the one that is active when you are typing.

I have seen a problem similar to the one you have. You need to find out what chipset you have on you mobo. if its SIS, then uninstall the agp driver, if its VIA, download the latest chipset drivers and during the installation, uninstall the AGP driver, and so on. When you uninstall the AGP driver, restart, and windows will install the one that comes with SP2.

Microsoft has made their own AGP driver for SP2 to help with compatibility.

Do you get any other graphics problems? if so, this is probubly your probelm.

:wacko: Other than posted problems everything else seams to be running OK. Will give these last ideas a shot and let you all know the out come.

:w00t: OK went as checked things out. Far as I can tell Cookies are running. Went to Internet options made sure save pass words was checked. Still does not work. The one on MSFN that ask to save Log IN does not do it eather. Yes SIS is installed. Everything listed under SIS is SISAGP. SO so I want to delete this whole thing? Now to find Chipset down loads ?? All I can say this comp worked fine until SP2 came along. And MSN help has been no help. Realy do not need this agravation.