RunOnceEx.CMD

Nutso

Been working on this for two weeks now :wacko: and AndyP helped me out a lot (thanks andy) and we cant still get it to work. I used the batch code to install IE6_SP1 during the setup mode. when it boots up it gives out a msg that it's updating the browser then goes to normal mode. The runonceex.cmd should run after that but it doesnt. I tried to manually click it and all i got was blank screen with code line for cmdow @ hid thats it. when i edited out the cmdow, i got error saying too many inline parameters. however the funny thing is that this was all done in vmware. When i tried the same file in my host computer, it ran perfectly. so why it didnt work in vmware? and yes the reg file, cmdow file is in the system32 file.

This is my runonceex.cmd

cmdow @ /HID

@Echo Off

rem PP=

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /VE /D "Preparing Installation..." /f

REG ADD %KEY%\000 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\prepare.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Microsoft DirectX 9c" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\2K\DirectX9C\dxsetup.exe /silent" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\004 /VE /D "Sun Java VM" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\004 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\2K\JavaVM\j2re.EXE /s /v"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1 SP1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\2K\NetFramework\netfxsp1.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\016 /VE /D "Windows Media Player 9" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\016 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Apps\WMP9\MPSetup.exe /Q:A /R:N" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\900 /VE /D "Installing Post SP4 Hotfixes" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\900 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\UpdateXP.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\990 /VE /D "Cleaning Up and Rebooting" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\990 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd" /f

EXIT

thanks for any inputs

I did use cmdlines.txt thats what i put in the cmdlines.txt

[COMMANDS]

"Install_IE6.cmd"

"RunOnceEx.cmd"

my only problem is the runonceex.cmd, it won't run. Let me know if you want me to add snapshots of my unattended cd (oem, install, so on)

Thanks

Hi Nutso ;)

What happens if you remove the Sun Java in RunOnceEx.cmd - those quotes don't look right to me.

With RunOnceEx I have learned that if the parameters are slightly complex - make a folder under INSTALL and create a CMD batch file as batch files are much more forgiving!

Thanks for the post guys, i checked out the links that Famer sent me, those cmdlines.txt are the SAME as mine. Why is it that the runonceex.cmd says "to many command-line parameters" IN vmware while runonceex.cmd worked just fine on a regular computer like on this computer that im typing to you right now. I'm clicking it and it says operation completed successfully.

Andy, u mean to move the runonceex.cmd to a new folder in install folder and make the cmdlines.txt find it in there? eg. %systemdrive%\install\runonceex\runonceex.cmd ?

Thanks again

Hi Nutso - No, I meant to say to create a cmd in the same folder as the sun install file which has the full path to execute and just point to the cmd in RunOnceEx

ie

SUNJAVA.CMD (placed in your INSTALL\2K\JAVAVM Folder)

cmdow @ /HID
C:\install\2K\JavaVM\j2re.EXE /s /v /qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1
EXIT

and in your RunOnceEx, change to:

REG ADD %KEY%\004 /VE /D "Sun Java VM" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\004 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\2K\JavaVM\SUNJAVA.CMD" /f

much tidier for RunOnceEx - and saves those confusing double quotes which can lead to errors. ;)

BTW - If there is an error in RunOnceEx.cmd - it is ignored and the command is not executed.

another thing to check:

The registry.reg (used by UpdateXP for the PostSP4 hotfixes) has to be a valid file - here's mine:

REGISTRY.REG

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;empty!

and UpdateXP.ini should be:

[Main]
;*****Run cleanup.cmd after reboot 1=yes 0=no (zero)*******
Cleanup=0
;*****Reboot the computer after installing hotfixes 1=yes 0=no (zero)*******
Reboot=0
;*****This must be a number between 10 and 90******
RebootDelay=90

as this function is carried out by your CLEANUP.CMD