[Help]I am stuck on GhostV.8.0

brucewong

Hi guys,do you guys have a better to clone your winxpsp2 to CD-R?

Here is my way

Step#1:Install all the apps that i frequently used and clean everyting that can be cleaned for a clean system.

Step#2:headed to dos-mode using a bootable cd or whatever...clone the whole c:\ drive with ghost8.0...save the *.gho file to whatever drive but the c:\...as last i've got a 800mb or bigger file,which cannot be directly placed on one CDR...so i have to go to windows mode and span it with ghost explorer2003,700mb per Span.. to fit to two CDRs.

Step#3:Go back to explorer to do things above-mentioned..Burn them using Nero all finished

Step#4:Finally,i test it both on VMWare and the physical PC... i failed..Ghost said that this image is not created by Norton Ghost..

Anyone can tell me why should it be that way?

Is my way totally wrong or what?

Thanks

Good morning,

Yes, i had the same problem some time back, You will need to create a new ghost book disk that loads cd-drivers during loading. If you have ghost 2003 also, use the create boot disk utility and this will create 2 x boot disk.

Boot using these new disks and you will be sorted!..

or if you wish,

create your image directly to your cd or dvd using ghost. That way you will be able to boot from the first cd with no worries at all.

The second i use now, as its easier in the long run.

First off,i'd love to thanks for your method.

But man you know whaht,what you told is what i did normal to backup my system image.Now i just want an alternative way to do the same kind of stuff.

That's backup system...go to normal winxp...span it...backup to cdr...

BTW.Now i got Symantec Norton Ghost v9.0 around, but i can't see any option to create a bootdisk anyway.

Hi guys,eventually i got the answer at <<spam>>.net(as cool as MSFN.org)

a guy nicknamed "paratrupr" explained that:

If you created the image using Ghost v8.0, then spanned it using Ghost Explorer 2003 (which is Ghost v9.0) your problem could be because the span changed the version compatibility when it repackaged it.