Adaptec 39320-R SCSI Adapter

Guest thanatos99

Guest thanatos99

I've been trying to figure out how to slipstream the Ultra320 Drivers for my Adaptec 39320-R SCSI adapter (to my disappointment. my slipstreamed WinXP SP2 CD still doesn't detect it) so I don't have to press F6 to install them from a floppy during setup.

I finally ditched my dedicated floppy, and got a USB floppy I could use for BIOS updates, but it seems Windows can't load from a USB floppy correctly during setup -- it will detect the floppy first time around and see the SCSI drivers on it, but when it comes time to actually copy the files from A: a short time later during file copy to hard drive, it will no longer detect the drive (I just press enter over and over on the insert floppy in drive A: promt -- I believe by this point the USB floppy has been assigned the drive leter of B:)

But back to the slipstreaming topic... after lots of googling, I tried to use the instructions from greenmachine to slipstream my drivers, but can't quite figure it out and get it working properly.

Thankfully google also came across this board, and I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

I'm not interested in slipstreaming all my drivers, just fixing the SCSI/floppy issue so I don't have to open up my box and install my old floppy drive every time I install windows (about every 12 weeeks I reinstall.)

I've attached the TXTSETUP.OEM file from the Adaptec Ultra320 Driver disc, so if someone could figure out and type out exactly what I need to add/edit to my install CD, I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

TXTSETUP.OEM