what would you charge for pc repair reates, etc...

ceez

Are you serious i agree with ceez he should do it..y not? .. I live in Australia..and there are plenty of Pensioners? ... laman ppl..who like ceez said dont know how to check email or only click on there msn link?? :} I got payed 60 dollars witch is 1/3 of my disability i get anyhow? it lasted me all week..that 6obucks?.. All the lady wanted was a PDF reader.. :lol: Some ppl will call u out for the most bizzare of things? and its a quick 50??? Now do that 3x a week? double that?.. thats 300 on top of my social security which in all i get payed double my social benefit.. seems good 2 me? Ceez my suggestion is put an add in the paper nothing ventured nothing gained... It was the easiset $$$$$$$$$$$$ Ive ever earnt?.. sure bought me sum extra candy for the week.. :lol: got nuffn to loose !! I say place the add..dont be greedy with ya price..and b4 ya know it ya be laffn all the way to the lollie shop!! regards maddawgz

oh and dont forget there's a market for teaching the net 2..with the oldies? i aint driving no BMW ...but i sure get a few more Nacho's a week... :w00t:

I've been repairing systems and custom building them for years now, as a side business, mostly word of mouth for advertizing. I'd have to agree with crahak, I charge very little for repairs these days and if I can make 100.00 on a new system I'm lucky. I count myself as doing well if I can keep my own system "top of the line" for free using the profits of my home based repair shop. I now charge 20.00 per housecall. 40.00 if I'm there for 2 1/2 hrs or longer. Over 1/2 the customers I used to have are now doing their own repairs because they have learned enough over the last few years to do it themselves. As we all know, windows problems are a normal part of computing and these days, even the home user knows alot more than he used too!

I agree with having different prices for residential users vs business users; I think that the fee should be flat for a particular service, say for example upgrading PCs is $150(and that may just include adding mem/new HD) or have maintenance contract that garantee payment(for example yearly contracts for $1000...less than one hundred dollars a year for a small business vs $300 every six months for a residence...) I think that the service overall has to be cheaper than buying a new PC (for the short term)...my friend has a business similar to this and he has a menu of prices....