cyclad-z.inf Problem and Possible fix?

Hello, All!

When Setup starts copying files, I get the "cyclad-z.inf" error. I hit ESC and it finishs the automated install. BUT, upon further investigation, I set the Autopartition to 0 and I no longer get that error.

Is there a reasonable expanation to this? Is it a corrupted Slipstreamed XP that's causing this? Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Wohaay! :thumbup

I've found a way to do it finally.

Kep screwing with the joliet stuff but had no luck, so......

Before I created the ISO, I just went in to the I386 folder and renamed the files it refused to copy:

Cyclad-z.inf

Cyclom-y.inf

Headsp~1.wmz

minipl~1.wmz

utopia~1.wav

utopia~2.wav

utopia~3.wav

utopia~4.wav

sv-262e1.png

sv-262e3.png

sv-262e4.png

they all had underscores in I386 so I changed those to the symbols XP install was looking for.

- and ~

No more file copy errors!

I used to get those problems all the time, back when I was slipstreaming SP2 RC1 and SP2 RC2, thinking that all the file names had to be in all capital letters. Then, I found this forum and started using cdimage to make the CD ISO's, discovered that you do not, in fact, have to have the file names in all capital letters, and all has been well since.

• 5 years later...

I used to get those problems all the time, back when I was slipstreaming SP2 RC1 and SP2 RC2, thinking that all the file names had to be in all capital letters. Then, I found this forum and started using cdimage to make the CD ISO's, discovered that you do not, in fact, have to have the file names in all capital letters, and all has been well since.

CDIMAGE worked perfect. All instructions are on the site. Easy to follow. I was going nuts trying to figure this out.

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/15/