Reget deluxe unattend install ?

DarshfX

Hi everyone

I'm actually **** working on my full unattend XPCD but encounter a problem

This amazing software (reget deluxe) don't want to install unattend

I have search the board for info but no one actually have posted something for it

When i launch it with /? i have 4 info but don't work

When i run it with /Q he say if i want to install it

/qn & /qb don't work

I also tried all swith listed in the unattend guide for all installer but with no success

Can someone help me ?

Thanks, D@rshfX

Yeah, reget seems to have a poor installer. If you're willing to forgo the integration with browsers, there is a way. (that is, no more auto-catching - you need to give it the address to file to be downloaded manually. If you are using firefox/opera, you'll easily be able to start the download in these, then stop it and copy/paste download link into reget).

1. Install Reget Deluxe in the normall way.

2. Configure it to how you want it.

3. Go to "C:\Program Files\ReGetDx" and delete unecessary files. Also, "default.wjr" in that folder is a plain-text file, edit it according to the settings you want, and delete junk from there.

4. Now copy "C:\Program Files\ReGetDx" to be "$OEM$\$Progs\ReGetDx" on your CD.

5. Also copy "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ReGet Software" to become

"$OEM$\$Docs\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ReGet Software"

That's it, you now will have the reget files auto-copied to where it was to be installed, and the start menu shortcuts as well. You can use the same (as above) method for other programs that don't have customisable installers (mIRC, maxthon, abiword, etc).

Didn't try ( :hello: prathapml) during unattended install (will try after completion of my whole DVD), but tried on running system without problem.

Install donwloaded regetdx.exe. Copy to another location ($OEM$\$Progs\Reget Deluxe\ in my case). Than in unattended do

%16422%\Reget Deluxe\regetdx.exe -Setup (I use .inf for install)

It should set IE bars, shortcuts etc. Just read it after expanding downloaded archive in reget help file as command line parameter.

Because only basic description is written there, so I dont know if that Setup proces works on clean install in unattended, or Reget uses some previous keys from windows and only changes them. It is needed to try.

If anyone will try it before I complete my DVD, please write your results. Thanks :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The reget installer will use /q for silent installs, but you're still left with the issue of configuring the settings in the applications. I copied my default.wjr over to my install directory and had the runonceex.cmd file copy it to %programfiles%\regetdx\