Win XP SP1 and Outlook Express

Philetjosie

Hi all,

since I installed Win XP SP1, my Outlook Express can no more handle the differents Identities. It always goes to the main Identity, without error message. If I switch to the other identity, in fact it goes back to the main. If I create a new one, it also switch directly to the main...

I tried many thinks, included upgrading Internet Explorer to SP1, but it still does the same....

I also notice that some Software (like Antares) which was a registered shareware has now switch back to unregistered (it is back an evaluation software...).

And last but not least, at start up, it seems that Windows uses a huge amount of memory (140 Mo), and I had to run a memory defragmenter to go down to around 50 Mo....

Thanks If you have any ideas to help...

Have a good day.

Don't have an answer for you, but the exact same problem has occured on my system after installing SP1.

A temporary work around is to go to "manage identities" and then configure the "use this idenity when starting a program". Select the identity you need, close outlook express, then open it again. The new identity will start.

Looks like we are gonna need a SP to fix the SP :)

Thanks for the workaround tricks. But I hope this will solved soon by Microsoft (are they reading this forum ?).

I also tried to install Eudora to replace Outlook Express, but it seems it is not able to import the Outlook Express 6 emails. I imports the mailbox, the messages folders, but they all are empty....

Arrgh.....