Start menu

Dudes I need help with startmenu layout. I have searched and did not find help or I must have. If this have been covered can someone please point me in a direction.

I have completed my unattend install. Everything works great and my add on programs (nero, clonecd, winzip etc...) also install silently. I use batch command method. As you know these applications is also on the startmenu. I normally would like them grouped. So after the install I need to rearrange the startmenu. As an example I create a folder called "utilities-copy" under all users\start menu\programs and then move the startmenu shortcuts of my copy applications to this utilities folder.

How can I delete the startmenu after the installation and then copy over a preset startmenu as I would normally want it. My current Idea is to have a Start menu on the CD and after the installation delete the startmenu on computer and then copy the startmenu from the CD that has already been set-up the way I want it.

The specific help I need is on the following.

a) The batch command I must use to copy the startmenu\program from the CD. I guess i need to use XCOPY command because I want to copy the whole directory and everything under the startmenu\program directory. How do I do that.

B) I you feel I must do rather put it under $OEM$\$1 folder to be copied to harddrive and then at first run gui from the hardrive folder to replace the startmenu, what is the batch commands I must use to copy the whole startmenu\programs directory to replace the standard one. I need the specific command to include in the install batch command file.

As you will notice I am NOT a programmer and I do need specific batch commands and how to use them in my INSTALL batch command file. :blushing:

Apart from the above please help me with the batch command to copy a directory plus the files under that directory from one source to destination.

c) If my idea to replace the startmenu is way off coarse and there is another or easier method to replace the start menu \ programs with a preset startmenu \programs please let me know how I can do it.

10x so long

there are two start menus. AllUsers and CurrentUser. I am assuming you want you shortcuts placed into AllUsers.

this may not be the most efficient method, but what you can do is:

//Removes "Programs" and ALL subfolders and files

RD /S /Q "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\"

RD /S /Q "%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\"

//Copy preconfigured Start Menu from Hard Drive

XCOPY "%systemdrive%\Install\StartMenu\" "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\" /Y

Place your folder "StartMenu" in $OEM$\$1\Install, and make sure to place all your configured shortcuts in a folder called "Programs" (or anything you want to call it)