Unattended Installions Versions Question

I have a question that I don't quite think has been asked/answered here, what is the determining factor for using WinNT.sif, WinNT32.sif, and Unattended.txt? I understand that were supposed to use WinNT.sif from a CD, but why can't one just use Unattended.txt instead? What would one need to do differently to be able to use the WinNT32.sif or Unattended.txt file from a CD or is this even possible? Pro's and Con's of using each technique would be a plus. There being several different ways of doing an unattended install being discussed here, it would be nice if someone could better explain somewhere or point me to where it's already explained in what to look for for the differences between the different installations.

I ask this because I am having problems with my unattended disk and I believe that it has to be something that I am doing that can only be done while doing it a certain way. The ref.chm doesn't seem to be of much help on this, because what I am asking seems to be beyond the scope of what is included in that guide. Yes, it tells some of the differences between Unattended and Sysprep, what I am looking for is the difference in using the different forms of Unattended.txt and what the pro's and con's are between using these different ways.

Also, on somewhat related question, what would happen if I used

winnt.sif:

[Data]
MsDosInitiated="1"

Instead of

winnt.sif:

[Data]
MsDosInitiated="0"

on my UXPCD?

~Lost on cloud UXPCD9~

Setupmgr has changed a little. But it used to create winnt.txt for use on a floppy drive. So MsDosInitiated = 0 is used for calling winnt.exe directly from the floppy or via other manual means.

Then, if you if you decided to make a cd version, you would rename winnt.txt to winnt.sif, and ensure that MsDosInitiated = 1, so the gui setup would take command.

Unattended.txt is for network use. It has no greater powers, other than those needed for network usage.

Sysprep, well, you should try it atleast once. Basicly you install windows onto the harddrive, do whatever customizing that you want, then run sysprep which strips the identity and traces from the os and then seals it. So you can deliver to a customer as is, or ghost to a cd. Only takes about 5 or so minutes to copy from cd, then minisetup runs, installing drivers and such. Goes through obee process, asking for account names etc. So in about 15 minutes, you have windows installed.

Hope this helps your questions?

So for a CD I am supposed to be using MSDOSINITIATED=1 instead of 0, while using WinNT.sif?

As far as sysprep goes, I did try it once, a while back but was confused by it, because it kept trying to seal my working computer and that didn't do me any good because it's not the working computer I needed sealed. It could be as well that I don't have such a grasp of how to use it correctly.