XP and PCMCIA slots

GLO

Hi, I would like to know if there is any way that XP can be configured to supply power to the PCMCIA slots automatically as they currently only supply power when a device is detected in the slot.

This may sound strange but when using 98se, the pcmcia slots would receive power and after converting to XP, XP disables this feature unless it detects a device,

The problem here is that i have a PCMCIA device that only taps into the PCMCIA power and thats it. No other pins are used in the slot and so XP doesnt detect any device being connected.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Using Power Options in Control Panel if your computer is ACPI-compliant all components should be capable of being controlled through power options including PCMCIA slots. Check the BIOS as well if you don't find anything useful through the Control Panel.

i couldnt find anything in the BIOS that would allow me to activate te power to the PCMCIA slots.

any other suggestions? Can i copy anything from a 98se install to XP to achieve this?

Go to device manager, find your PCMCIA slot driver, right click it (make fure to do it for all of them if more than one) and select properties, then under the Power management tab, untick the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", that should do it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...