Win2k - Acrobat Reader - IE 6 - problem

myno

Hi,

After i upgraded to Internet Explorer 6 SP1 with preSP2 patches on a Windows 2000 SP4 with preSP5 patches, i get the following problem with Adobe Acrobat Reader.

When i click a PDF on the net i dont want it to be opened in the IE instead i prefer getting the AAR opened as a seperated task, but instead i get a place holder icon and not even a "where to download" dialog. :blink:

When i turn back on the "display in web" in AAR, everything works fine ... except it isnt a separated task ... it is the ie plugin :(

If anyone over here at msfn has an idea .... tell me ... i'll try everything.

Ok this isn't from personal knowledge but i did some searching of my own and got someinfo. Basically the path to fixing this is to uninstall all versions of adobe reader. Delete other randomly located adobe files throughtout your hard drive. Go through the registry (after backing it up of course) and deleting all instances of adobe (unless you have another adobe product). Reboot the machine and reinstall the lastest acrobat reader. If this doesn't work let me know and I see what else I can come up with.

I tryed but the situation didnt changed.

only after a clean uninstall i get the "where to download" dialog back for pdf files.

please remember that i have no problems with viewing in webbrowser but viewing in external AAR application.