When to create the useraccounts

When would be the best possibility of creating the useraccounts?

• At cmdlines.txt
  • at the beginning of runonceex.cmd
  • at the end of runonceex.cmd
  • After runonceex.cmd

I ask this because i always have the trouble of moving a lot of startmenu-items around

Well, if this is for Windows XP, I prefer this method instead:

oobeinfo.ini method

That method, will get your users created in EXACTLY the same way the first-run "Welcome to Windows XP" wizard creates - just before first-login. Least difficult, and no worries. :thumbup

And then after first-login, you can run commands to set user groups and passwords (through batch-files from RunOnce). That (oobeinfo.ini) is the recommended method by MS too, and OEMs use that.

@prathapml

Correct me if I'm wrong., but that method wouldn't work if you've resealed the installation to go into Mini-setup on next boot would it? I thought OOBE was ignored if you went that direction. Kinda an Either this or that switch.

@Tsunami

Right.

@mockranger

No you're not wrong.

But then, user accounts are usually desired to be created during setup or shortly after - so oobeinfo.ini is an easier and simple solution for users creation. Also, not too many people use SysPrep.

*in hoarse croaking voice* :lol:

the guide.... the guide.... please look that up... T-13 is for svcpack.inf (http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/timeline.htm

OOBE runs just before first-login. You know... the point where "windows welcome" comes and asks you to {give names of people who'll be using this computer} and asks you to register with microsoft, etc. - that is OOBE.

To be more precise, Let's describe the scenery as in a detective novel:

Windows setup finishes after doing everything...

reaches T-1, then T-0, then re-boots...

Then you see the boot-screen for the first-time, and then a screen resolution resizing....

Right?

Just after that point. (that's when OOBE runs)

And its perfectly suited to our purpose.

Hoping this helps....