Slipstreaming drivers that

Spinal

When slipstreaming drivers that use an installer to install the drivers aswell as Control Panels etc (such as Creative Sound Drivers, ATi/nVidia drivers etc,

whats the best way to go about installing them, as ive read adding them to the OEM drivers folder dosent install the control panels etc

Okay first, Welcome to MSFN!

Now, please read the rules if you haven't already.

POSTING GUIDELINE #12:

12. Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about. For example:

- Oh no!

- Help

- I'm mad

- Please help

- Question

- I need your help

- Hmmmm ....

This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.

Okay I admit that your title is significantly better than these examples, but I still had very little idea of what this thread was about.

The best way to install drivers is to find the best method for each individual driver. I know that sounds like a pain, but pretty much each and every driver has atleast 1 of its own little quirks. You should do a search for each driver you want to install, I promise you will find multiple threads. When searching for ATI drivers you may want to use the search term "catalyst" as the board generally doesn't search well (or at all) for 3-letter words.

In general you should do the legwork yourself, and ask a question when you have one specifically or you can't figure something out. If you want to make sure that you have everything right you could make a post like "Please verify my unattended driver installation method..." and list out in detail how you are installing everything. I promise that if you give enough detail that people will look at it and give you comments or suggestions. It will also provide a good resource to others who are looking for these same answers. Anyway just my 2cents, if you have a more specific question, please feel free to ask.

When slipstreaming drivers that use an installer to install the drivers aswell as Control Panels etc (such as Creative Sound Drivers, ATi/nVidia drivers etc,

whats the best way to go about installing them, as ive read adding them to the OEM drivers folder dosent install the control panels etc

Depends on the drive, but what I do is add the drivers to the OEM folder

that can be loaded that way. Then I use a command script that runs

using cmdlines.txt that checks if the drivers have been installed

and runs the installer program for the control panels etc.

For example my Hauppauge TV card has to have its drivers installed

via .inf files and then running a setup.exe file.