Trying AutoIt3 and need help.

I've nearly got my Unattended CD complete, and decided to put a few desktop modifier programs on (WindowBlinds, Iconpackager, CursorXP), but am having some problems.

Here is the code I've got so far in in RunOnceEx.cmd (this is just a sample, didn't want to post everything else to save space).

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\078 /VE /D "CursorXP 1.3" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\078 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\CursorXP\AutoIt3.exe CursorXP_1.3.au3" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\079 /VE /D "CursorXP Skin" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\079 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\CursorXP\Abracadabra.CurXPTheme" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\080 /VE /D "IconPackager 2.5" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\IconPackager\AutoIt3.exe IconPackager_2.50.au3" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\081 /VE /D "WindowBlinds 4.4" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\081 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\WindowBlinds\AutoIt3.exe WindowBlinds_4.40.au3" /f

EXIT

As an example, in my Applications\CursorXP folder, I have AutoIT3.exe, CursorXP_1.3.au3, and cursorxpplus.exe. I believe I can do a few things to clean this up, but not really sure how. Anyway, here are some things I've read but could use some help on...

1. Using AutoIt3 to create an exe file that runs AutoIt3, the Au3 file, and the application.

2. Put AutoIt3.exe in System32, and change the install line from RunOnceEx.cmd to something like this...

REG ADD %KEY%\078 /V 1 /D "AutoIt3.exe %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\CursorXP\CursorXP_1.3.au3" /f

I believe the first suggestion would be the best, but I have no idea how to make an exe file out of AutoIt3, the .au3 file, and the source file. I've looked on these boards, and on the AutoIt3 boards, but haven't found how to make these exe's yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Get this Editor. Check out the tools menu. That's all you need.

Prerequisite is Autoit3. Latest stable version is AutoIt v3.0.102. Check out Aut2Exe.

Once you compile the au3 script into an executable, you do not need autoit3.exe. The stub AutoItSC.bin is imbedded in the complied script, which is enough to run it standalone.

Hope these help.

The editor is not required if you use the Autoit3 installer version.

You can right click on a file & choose compile, with the installer version.

Editor is good if you wish to continue use with Autoit3.

B)