Driver via Winnt.sif -> Sp1a Works fine, SP2 not ?

MS Master

Hi all,

i´m include my SATA/RAID Driver via Winnt.sif ( [MassStorageDrivers] , [OEMBootFiles] ).

With XP OEM SP1a it works fine and without any problems.

But when i copy the samy folders ( $OEM$, Texmode etc.) on a XP Pro SP2 CD from MSDN, there only come an error message at the load of the SATA driver, that says, the "oemsetup.txt" will have a failure in line xxxx.

Is this a problem with SP2, or will it only works with orginal OEM CDs :(

deploy.cab an ref.cab says that der is no restiction between OEM an PRO CDs

And i dont want to use the other way (txtsetup.inf) because, Winnt.sif is faster to include a driver, and more secure for User, that not want to edit some files manually.

Anyone has a reason for the problem?

I don't know of any reason why the textmode driver would break with SP2. Can you answer a few questions?

1. What driver?

2. Were you installing XP OEM SP1a via CD or network?

3. Are you installing XP with SP2 via CD or network?

4. Can you provide a copy of your winnt.sif?

5. Why is it giving you an error in oemsetup.txt? In other words, are you listing oemsetup.txt under [OEMBootFiles]?

I believe a review of your winnt.sif is in order. I would absolutely make sure that oemsetup.txt is not listed under [OEMBootFiles] becuase it may be trying to parse oemsetup.txt which it shouldn't since it is just a text file. In fact I am not surprised that it is giving you an error in a text file during installation. If you have an error in your txtsetup.oem then that is a problem, but not with your readme. Hope this helps.

Hi,

1.) Silicon Image 3112 SATA Raid

2.) from CD

3.) also from CD

4.) here

[Data]MsDosInitiated = 0

UnattendedInstall = Yes

[unattended]

UnattendMode=DefaultHide

UnattendSwitch = Yes

OemPreinstall = Yes

OemSkipEula = Yes

FileSystem = *

WaitForReboot = No

TargetPath = "\Windows"

OemPnPDriversPath="Treiber\Si3112;Treiber\Lan"

[GuiUnattended]

OEMSkipRegional = 0

OemSkipWelcome = 1

[userData]

ProductKey=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

FullName="xxxx"

OrgName=""

[Shell]

DefaultThemesOff = Yes

DefaultStartPanelOff = Yes

[Components]

; Spiele entfernen

Freecell=off

Hearts=off

Minesweeper=off

Pinball=off

Solitaire=off

Spider=off

Zonegames=off

; Eingabehilfen

AccessOpt=off

; Media Dateien

Media_clips=off

Media_utopia=off

; Sonstiges

Charmap=off

Chat=off

Clipbook=off

Deskpaper=off

Dialer=off

Fax=off

Fp_extensions=off

Fp_vdir_deploy=off

Hypertrm=off

Indexsrv_system=off

Inetprint=off

Mousepoint=off

Msnexplr=off

Netoc=off

Objectpkg=off

Paint=off

Pop3Admin=off

Rec=off

Sakit_web=off

Templates=off

TerminalServer=off

[MassStorageDrivers]

"IDE CD-ROM (ATAPI 1.2)/PCI IDE-Controller" = "RETAIL" ; Any CD Roms - requird for CD Install

"Silicon Image SiI 3x12 SATARaid Controller for Windows XP/Server 2003" = "OEM"

[OemBootFiles]

si3112r.sys

SiWinAcc.sys

si3112r.inf

si3112r.cat

txtsetup.oem

5.) Sorry, i mean txtsetup.oem (File txtsetup.oem caused an unexpected error (18) at line 1742 in .......oemdisk.c)

I try it with an XP Sp1a OEM CD, and it works fine, than i try it with an MSDN XP Pro SP1a CD, and it works also, but when i´m copy the same files into a MSDN XP Pro SP2 CD, i became the error.

I don't think that this is a totally random work/not work situation. MS Master it would be good if you provided your txtsetup.oem file, however I think this problem has been seen before. Please see this thread (here) where rcordorica goes over how to get these drivers working. For some reason any dll= entries in your txtsetup.oem make the whole process choke. rcordorica suggests to change dll= entries to inf=. I *believe* you can also just remove the entries entirely, BUT I have never tested it. Now rcordorica found out that the files that correspond to those dll= entries need to be included in another directory called \$OEM$\$$\OemDir\. I don't know why bigpoppapump thinks that error 18's are completely random. I have never experienced randomly. They are annoying, becuase they can crop up over really dumb things and they don't tell you much about what your problem is, but I think you will find they are very consistent about it. Hope this helps.

P.S. I have no idea how you had this working with SP1a if it won't work with SP2. You *may* want to slipstream SP2 onto your SP1a (OEM) CD to see if it works that way. It would be really interesting to find out if OEM cd's actually are different from non-oem ones.