ok, new question

Bellucci

i see im not gonna get any responses to my other question... so i decided to try this other method posted here on the forums titled: "SOLVED: drivers from CD" ... how do i uncab the file in step 3 using the code?

3. go to your I386 directory and uncab SETUP.EX_ like this:

CODE

expand SETUP.EX_ setupORG.exe

i have winrar which supports .cab of course... am i supposed to use the command prompt? i tried that by pointing to the location the SETUP.EX_ file is in, and wrote the code as shown, but it gave me a type of error message... any help?

EDIT: this is the only step i need help on... i know most of you guys prefer installing windows using these unconventional methods for convenience, i need to use this method because my computer wont work properly using the conventional method... i need to get my chipset drivers and lan drivers installed BEFORE windows goes to the desktop for the very firs time.... thanks

i know most of you guys prefer installing windows using these unconventional methods for convenience...
I don't know about 'most of us guys' but I don't find these methods 'unconventional'. You make it sound like a satanic ritual or something.
i need to use this method because my computer wont work properly using the conventional method...

ARE YOU SURE? How many times have you actually tried and how much research have you actually done? Most motherboard manufacturers don't just send their babies off to play without testing them with...I dunno...Windows? Why, pray-tell, is it so important that you have a lan driver on your first boot, that your computer can't function without it? I'm not saying there isnt a reason, but I don't see it as a go/no-go situation. And as Activate: AMD pointed out, we aren't just sitting here waiting for YOU to ask a question, give it some time!