USBEHCI.sys is missing or corrupt.

jpatto

I followed the instructions given to slipstream SP2 with my original XP CD (without SP1). I had the problem where it said i can not integrate these files because the updates are already installed. Therefore as recommended i deleted the SVSPACK folder in the i386 folder. In total i deleted the following files:

SVCPack (within the i386 folder)

SVC**.dl_

SVSpack.ini

i cant remember the middle file's name. I burnt this onto CD and tested it. 2 minutes into to loading it says "The file usbehci.sys is missing or corrupt", press any key to continue. Pressing any key just forces the process to restart.

I checked this forum for an answer i found this article:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=ST&f=89&t=27391

but im not sure what a keep files box is. Could someone please tell me? or describe exactly what i need to do to avoid this error. I have a Dell system so im not sure if i need to create another folder or delete one or how i should go about this.

Thank you for your help.

Sorry, don't know what to tell you. I slipstreamed SP2 into an actual SP1a WinXP CD (both Home and Pro) and didn't have any problems. And just for kicks, slipstreamed SP2 into a XP Pro Corp with SP1 integrated, no problems there either.

hi!

i think ive got a solution...

look at this:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=ST&f=34&t=25379

it seems that windows setup expects the file in "DRIVER.CAB" - i have checked "my" archive, the file's not there.

maybe it DOES make difference wheater you slipstream sp2 to a sp1(a)-cd or not...

i will try that and post my results ...

Thanks people for the help. I checked http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=ST&f=34&t=25379 i opened up my DRIVER.cab file and the file usbehci.sys was not there. I then extracted the SYMBOLS cab file found in the SP2 CD and found usbehci.pdb.sys. Im not too sure but i copied this into the DRIVER.cab file and into the i386 directory (two copies of one file in sepreate folders). This still returned an error. Was i suppose to find usbehci.sys if so where is this located as i couldnt find this file? I am also using the trial version of ACD Zip to convert DRIVER folder back to a .cab file.

Yes i used nLite but i also used the command interface to integrate the files and both gave me the same error. Would you not recommend using nLite?

thanks for your help again people.

At the moment i have copied my original usbehci.sys file from my driver folder on my system and copied it into the i386 directory aswell as the driver folder (once extracted). Im burning this soon and will post my results.

Thanks

i looked in my driver.cab on my dell oem cd. it has a usbohci.sys and usbuhci.sys. in my system32/drivers directory there is a usbuhci.sys, but no usbohci.sys. could dell have renamed this file for some reason?

can anyone out there help look into this? i don't know what else to do and i'd like a resolution to this as well as jpatto.

Thanks!

I was wondering what if i removed reference regarding the usbehci.sys file altogether? is this possible if so how would it be done? If i did this couldnt i download the missing file/ drivers from windows update? Im assuming the usbehci.sys is a driver file.

you are correct in that it is a driver file. removing reference to it would probably be a huge task. what i am trying to do is compare my dell cd with a retail cd and note the differences. then i can formulate a plan. thing is, i just haven't had the time yet. i've been busy trying to get a php/mysql script to work :realmad: stupid thing won't work right....

anyways, you may wanna start there.

• 2 weeks later...

Im having the same problem too, why is this happening? So on this cool forum no one seems to have the answer. Is there another way around? What if i install XP first then install SP2 would this make a difference if i was not to streamslip this together. Does anyone out there know what to do or is there no point inchecking the forum for answers because no one knows.

Much obliged

Ty