3com 3c940 Ris install

raz_1234

Hi All,

Can not make my Ris work with that card in the client computer, getting "The network card driver is not in the image". I am using Windows2003 server as the Ris server (not in image, rather in unattended mode).

I tried following suggestion to get the Network Driver Pack, did not help (they don't work I think in the text mode part of the instalation, where there are needed), tried what Microsoft suggested (i.e. create a $OEM\$1\Drivers\Nic) and put it in there, did not help. I tried both the Signed and unsigned versions of the driver. What am i doing wrong?

thanks

Raz

I did that before, did not help. All the files from the WHQL driver version are both in the $OEM$\$1\Driver\Nic, in the I386\ and still the same message.

I will try a newer version (not signed) to see if it makes a difference.

• 2 years later...

BUMP.

Same problems with the 3c940-driver

Works fine in the PXE boot, files are transfered and the install starts. But when windows starts to configure it self the network-drivers are not loaded and then no other drivers are installed??

I have copied the inf etc files to i386 and I have the Nic files in $oem$..\nic folder and added the folder to the driver-path in the SIF-file

Hope anyone can help me on this.