utkffp.exe any info on this?

Kraptor

I got infected by this file. McAfee cant seem to find it, neither other spyware and adware busters. The file uses my conection, but cant seem to find it on my drive. Cant find it in my reg, delete from there, but puts itself back after restart, also now it just created a new file for itself...this is getting fustrating. Any help, ideas?

That's a nasty one... You will have to look for services and other *.exe files not to mention *.dat and *.dll files. Boot into safe mode and delete away... if you hold your mouse pointer over a file it will give you a brief description but more importantly it will show if the file is signed and who signed it. Delete all unsigned files.

I saw a similar thing on a machine after SP2 and it was just a matter of looking at file dates and any of the above mentioned file types was dated after August 4th it got deleted.

Write the file names down and after deleting suspect files search the registry for each file name. Some will show up so you must delete those keys.

Kill bad services

Delete files in Safe Mode

Scour Registry

Took me two hours to clean the system. Deleted over 30 *.exe, 40 *.dll, and about 10 *.dat files in all.

Search Google for this string: sp.html#22776