slate.msstyles

dread7string

• 2 weeks later...

There have been many mods of this one, I use the one I found on Themexp.org. Though I don't reccommend Themexp.org for many of thier adware packaged files, this one come out nicely and wasn't packaged that way when I downloaded it. Was listed, I believe, as Royal Black theme. You will need the uxtheme hack for it to work though.

hey,, n thx for the replies, but i meant actual microsoft made ones like the royale one lol i wont use third party programs they all suck !

Well I can't post what the RoyalBlack one looks like, but all it requires is that you put uxtheme patch, which is widely available in these threads, to use. Look here to grab the uxtheme. Then go to ThemeXP.org and search for "RoyalBlack" and download it and install both. The uxtheme.dll goes into your system32 folder in your Windows folder and the RoyalBlack theme goes into your Windows\Resources\Themes folder. Somewhere on these forums I have a pic of what it looks like, well a shot of a folder anyways, it doesn't look all that bad, now if it were just combined with the Royal-5-color-pack version of the black theme there, where it would use the green coloring of the windows close button and start menu button with the tabs in a clearish/greenish color when not/in use. I was going to post a new one here but there isn't a link here to upload one. Plus these forums are giving me a hard time. Either way I don't use anything but the hacked file for the uxtheme to use any of my skins, which doesn't hurt anything when it's done, all it does is take off the M$ restrictions for using an .msstyles style theme.

hi n ty ^^^^^ i know about that patcher and just got the newest version out ! still junk im 2 picky i want perfection lol,,,,i think microsoft optimizes theres the best,,,,,no 1 else can compare sorry but ty all =]] ill stick with the official royale theme i guess .