CDShell problem

Jito463

Since the CD Shell forums are down, I wonder if you folks can help me with a little problem. On my previous TechCD, I used Isolinux and multiple boot images to fit all my necessary utilities onto one disc. This worked fine. Some of my images, even expanded to 2.88MB just couldn't hold everything needed (like Norton AV and F-Prot for example) so I put the program files on the CD and used a basic batch script from the boot disc to find the right drive and launch the utilities. But now with CDShell it won't find my disc in the path process. Here's an example of my script I used to determine which drive my disc was in:

goto %config%
:NAV
LH MOUSE.COM
LH MSCDEX.EXE /D:oemcd001 /L:J
A:\FINDDRV MS-RAMDRIVE
if errorlevel 3                 set temp=c:
if errorlevel 4                 set temp=d:
if errorlevel 5                 set temp=e:
if errorlevel 6                 set temp=f:
if errorlevel 7                 set temp=g:
if errorlevel 8                 set temp=h:
if errorlevel 9                 set temp=i:
set temp=%temp%
A:\FINDDRV TechDVD
if errorlevel 10                set tech=j:
if errorlevel 11                set tech=k:
if errorlevel 12                set tech=l:
set tech=%tech%
path %temp%;A:;%tech%;%tech%\cmdnav
pkunzip A:\commands.zip %temp%
autoscan.bat
GOTO QUIT

Now, the reason for such lengths was because if the computer had two drives in it, I wanted my script to easily determine which drive had my TechDVD in it. The first finddrv part is obviously for the RAM Drive that I setup in the config.sys. The second part is for my TechDVD as the label is "TechDVD". This worked under Isolinux, but not under CDShell. When I do a path after booting I get:

path=C:;A:;;\cmdnav

It should be:

path=C:;A:;J:;J:\cmdnav

Does anyone have a reason why finddrv isn't finding my drive? It finds the RAM Drive and sets the path accordingly (%temp%), but not my DVD drive (%tech%). The drive is definitely there as I can access it by switching to the J drive manually. And a directory listing shows the label as TechDVD so it's all correct. I've attached my autoexec.bat and config.sys in the rar file if someone wishes to take a look at them but this has me confused. If someone has an idea as to why this isn't working I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Quick update. I tried recreating the image using IsoLinux and BCD (Build CD from www.nu2.nu). This worked like I expected. I tried using cdimage to create the IsoLinux image, but it wouldn't boot (some of the options must be different). Creating the image again using cdimage and cdshell failed to find the drive. I also tried changing the autoexec so it used findcd instead of finddrv, but to no avail. So, I'm stumped again. But I'm still waiting to see if anyone has any ideas. Thanks in advance.