Microsoft Office Intergration

convict

Hello, I've been a member for a few now but I've just been browsing around and checking stuff out. Love this forum :D

Anyway, I pretty much got the hang of xpcreate with all the hotfixes and other stuff to install. But I just have a couple questions.

First I need to know if I can intergrate Microsoft Office to install with the unattended windows installation.

And second, Am I able to create a multiple disk installation? Like if the image turns out to be way bigger then a standard cd-r, am I able to put it onto 2 or more cd's so everything installs?

Welcome to MSFN, convict, even if you've been here a while!

First, I've never had any luck integrating Office. That is to say, having it install during the setup process. I install it upon first reboot, using the RunOnceEx registy key method. For that, there is plenty of information on the Unattended Forum.

Second, XPCREATE has no provisions for a multi-CD install. That is not to say that it cannot be done, just that it is beyond XPCREATEs scope. Again, if so much is being installed that a second CD is needed, it is probably after the first reboot, so check out some of the 2 CD threads in the unattended forum.

Adding all the applications to an unattended installation is so specific to each user that I decided not to even tackle that objective. I just try to produce an up to date Windows Installation, and send users on their way to the Unattended Forum, where all these subjects are discussed in detail. Things like a 2 CD install seemed like such a bother to me, that I just went out and bought a DVD burner. It's all a question of how much you value your time, but 10 hours saved at 10 dollars an hour ... I figured it payed for itself pretty quickly.