Unattended format first partition then install

Hi, I've a little problem, I have 2 HDD and 2 partitions in the first HDD, I want that unattended installation format the first partition and then install windows XP on, in this way, the second partition of the hdd won't be changed. What do I have to put on my winnt.sif plz, i have done search on other topics but i didn't find a good answer for me. (I'm french so i've made some mistakes i think). Thanks a lot.

Set Autopartition = 0

That should let you setup the partitions. Then unattended from then onwards.

But also

If you want to live dangerously, you could also use:

Repartition = Yes

If you boot with this and press any key, then kiss your first partition goodbye.

I do not use Repartition for this reason. It could wipe out a good system bye mistake. Actually wipes all of first drive.

:D

** ** ** ** ** ** ** **ENGLISH VERSION** ** ** ** ** ** ** **

In your winnt.sif set theses parameters:

[Data]
   AutoPartition=1

[Unattended]
   TargetPath=\WINDOWS
   Repartition=No

The AutoPartition=1 value means that the setup is going to choose where to install (usualy C:\Windows) BUT if there is already a windows installed in the first partition of the hard drive it will install \Windows to the second partition and so on(if there is not another Windows installation present).

The Repartition=No value means that the Windows Installation will never repartition and format the hard drive... so it is a good protection BUT NEVER FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR DATA KID! :yes:

** ** ** ** ** ** ** **VERSION FRANCAISE** ** ** ** ** ** ** **

Effectue les ajustement suivants dans ton fichier winnt.sif :

[Data]
   AutoPartition=1

[Unattended]
   TargetPath=\WINDOWS
   Repartition=No

La valeur AutoPartition=1 signifie que l'installation va choisir ou sera placé le répertoire (normalement C:\Windows) MAIS si il y a déja un système d'exploitation présent sur cette partition, il va choisir une autre partition pour installer \Windows et ainsi de suite (encore une fois si il n'y a pas de Windows présent...)

La valeur Repartition=No signifie que l'installation de ne repartitionnera et ne formatera pas ton disque dur... ce qui est une bonne protection MAIS N'OUBLIE JAMAIS DE FAIRE DES COPIES DE SAUVEGARDE JEUNE HOMME! :yes: