nForce3 RAID/SATA drivers in 64-bit text mode.....

glugglug

Got them working during the text mode portion of the install. They don't yet work after reboot.

The driver files are added to the AMD64 directory and the following lines are added to the TXTSETUP.SIF

In [sourceDisksFiles]

nvatabus.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4
idecoi.dll = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4
nvraid.sys   = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4
nvraidco.dll = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4
nvatabus.inf = 1,,,,,,,20,0,0
nvraid.inf =   1,,,,,,,20,0,0

In [sCSI.Load]

nvatabus = nvatabus.sys,4
nvraid = nvraid.sys,4

In [setupData]

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

In [HardwareIDsDatabase]

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E3 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E5 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0065 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0085 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00EE = "nvatabus"
GenNVRaidDisk = "nvraid"
ACPI\_NVRAIDBUS = "nvraid"

That last line seems to have made the difference. I got the idea of using ACPI\_NVRAIDBUS as the device ID from looking at the registry on my 32-bit installation.

This still does not work after reboot. But then again, even copying the provided files onto a floppy and using F6 doesn't work for 64-bit. Maybe I should try it with the DriverSigningPolicy line in place (that wasn't there when I tried it before).

I think you also need "idecoi.dll"

Thank you for the PnpDeviceID's!!! I was searching for them!

So what's exactly the problem after reboot? Doesn't it boot at all? Or BSOD?

Also, did you notice RegRaid.bat in the Drivers folder? When you were installing on a 32bit system, (when) did you install it?

after reboot it gives an error message saying there was a problem with the disk configuration, on a black screen. If you press F8 before that point you get the boot menu and can boot your old OS.

If you install onto a separate drive, it gets a blue screen about 5 minutes into the GUI part of the install.

Does the windows installer automatically run the .INF files to add the registry keys for NvRaidService?

Do SourceDisksFiles lines need to be added for NvRaidSvEnu.dll, NvRaidEnu.dll, and nvRaidService.exe or is putting these in the AMD64 directory of the install CD sufficient? Maybe this is why it fails after reboot? Do they each get "1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4" as the parameters on their SourceDiskFiles line?

Edit: added these. The installer now completes, but when the XP 64-bit extended edition splash screen should show up after installation, the machine reboots. Also, the installer kept asking for the CD "SOURCEDISK", looking for the NVRAID.SYS or NVRAID.SY_ file. I pointed it at the file on the windows CD repeatedly, and even tried pointing it at the floppy, eventually just hit cancel and it continued with the rest of the install. It also screwed up the boot.ini, replacing the multi(0) or multi(1) on each line with a signature(hex digits), and the disk and rdisk numbers are reversed from how 32-bit XP uses them. Had to add another 32-bit installation to manually fix the boot.ini.