After slipstreaming SP2!

Hello Experts here!

i've managed to slipstream my XP professional with the latest SP2 by microsoft and now i have an iso file created my nlite and after by using MVware i installed my new windows in a virtual machine!

what i want to know before going further to the unattended xp is how can i know which hotfixes or updates i should install coz as it seems there are no updates available after slipstreaming with the latest sp2 am i right? if yes why people here are still struggling with sp1 and how to install updates and hotfixes!

thx in advance :w00t:

There are no critical updates for SP2

why people here are still struggling with sp1 and how to install updates and hotfixes!
Some people have chosen not to make the move to SP2 yet.

As i'm new here what do u advice me to go back to SP1 and start again slipstreaming, coz it's obvious there are few topics discussing SP2 windows

is it the same procedure i should follow to add user and registery tweaks and drivers... either with sp1 or sp2 or theses explanations are only for sp1

thx in advance

Most things on the website will work with SP2. Some things won't (I haven't found any yet though).

If you find SP2 works for you, stick with it. The main reason most people haven't moved to it is the compatibility problems with some software.

I, personally, have rolled out SP2 onto our network and it's works great. Especially when reduced with nLite.

I haven't had any issues so far. Actually Nero 6.0.0.0 didn't work correctly but it was a simple matter to update. There's a link floating around somewhere to a page which lists programs that have problems under SP2 altough I'm sure it's not an exhaustive list.

A little research before hand couldn't hurt.

Yet, I haven't taken the move to SP2. However, I suggest you read these articles, first:

- SP2 Security Updates.

- SP2 Hotfixes.

- Programs that are known to experience a loss of functionality under SP2.

- Troubleshooting Windows Firewall settings in SP2.

The first two links should help you decide if you really need SP2.

The last two links should help you pre-fix SP2. Till Microsoft does! :lol:

I sart reading on this page before i jumoed to the forum when i read Windows XP CD with Service Pack 2 Slipstreamed!!

http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/gettingstarted.htm

what does this mean!

is it a normal windows XP slipstreamed with sp1 and after integrated with the latest microsoft hotfixes for sp2 and not SP2 itself

thank you everybody for your help