Newbie Help

My question my sound stupid somehow but there is nowway to go further without asking i just discovered this great forum 5 days ago and i've never stopped reading my first question is:

- how to know which update i should download to Slipstream with my Windows XP professional. is it by downloading the service pack sp2 from this microsoft link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

and slipstreaming it with nlite with my XP i won't need anything else?

do i still have to update it with previous xp updates!

thanks in advance

Thank you mate for your fast reply and useful help

I’ve downloaded VMware on my 36k modem it took me 5hours :( so now I have it installed it on my laptop (trial version, without serial #)

What do I have now:

-Not the latest service pack sp2 posted by Microsoft but I already have a previous sp2 built 1213 so now at least I have a service pack to start trying slipstreaming it with my old version of my XP professional.

-VMware

What I don’t understand is the iso imageCD made by nlight after being slipstreamed with my old service pack sp2, should I burn that imagecd to a cd to start my try process with VMware, where can I find more help using VMware,

As I said I want to know which hotfixes and windows updates I still need to slipstreaming them to my Unattended CD

Thank you in advance