RAID array not seen by slipstreamed CD's

Dynamite

Hi, :hello: I have a pair of HDD's built onto a RAID 0 setup. (Abit KT7A Raid mobo)

I have slipstreamed sp2 into my original XP pro. Trouble is when I boot from this CD in order to install it, my Raid drives cannot be *seen* by the slipstreamed CD. I also had the same trouble when I slipstreamed sp1.

I've tried pressing F6 during setup and installing raid drivers from a floppy even though a message says something like 'we have controllers for this device' do you wish to continue yes/no. (tried both ways)

The original XP pro does not have this problem and can *see* my raid array.

The only way for me to install an up to date OS is to install the original XP and then apply the service pack to the installation. Very frustrating! :angry:

My current (sp2) controller is hptxx.sys at 37.2KB Revision v1.0.5 (XPClient.010817-1148)

One on original CD is hptxx.sys at 22.7KB

I thought that replacing this with the controller from the original XP would cure this problem, but it doesn’t. I'm afraid I don't know much about drivers and how they work!

Anybody got any ideas?

:}

by-the-bye the slipstreamed CD's can see my other stand alone HDD's

Well, since your original XP cd could install drivers for your RAID setup, and your new unattended CD cannot, it sounds as if these drivers were removed from your unattended CD. Did you perhaps (either manually or by some other means) remove some CD contents when making your unattended CD (perhaps to reduce the size)? If so, this could cause your problem.

There are two things you can do to correct this. First, you could try and determine what was removed, and then add it back to your unattended CD. Or, you could follow the instructions here. The link above will instruct you on how to integrate your RAID controller drivers into your unattended CD. You'll just need to download the proper drivers from Abit's website.

Good luck, and let me know if you run into trouble.

- Ravashaak

I'll give it a go, see what I can come up with.

The only things that are replaced are those replaced by sp2. I have personaly removed nothing as yet. Still anythings worth a try

;)

Edit OK I've found some newer Highpoint drivers, with the help of the above guide, these have done the trick :D

:thumbup