SP2 unattended setup problem...

Hello,

My setup went fine with MS Virtual PC but when I tried same with my machine it went fine until RunOnceEx installlations start.

After Windows setup has finished system restarts as usual but then before runonceex installation window comes beep-sound - and runonceex installations start. But also at the same time comes prompt:

"System Settings Change: Windows has finished installing new device blaa blaa...Do you want to restart?"

I need not to do anything with this prompt - runonceex installations goes fine - but it annoys me...

Any idea what is the reason to this prompt? Can I Found out what device is in question? I'm trying this install with my normal pc - just set up second harddisk as booting device and installed there

MMainio

Hi,

Found the reason! Once again - it was me!

I tried same installation and this time i pulled off my first drive cable / not just change the boot device. It seems that somehow win xp pro on my first disc interfered my unattended installation on to the second disk.

I got two disks in my promise controller and this time i tried shortcut - just change the booting device in bios - and the result wasn't perfect.

And of course all earlier unattended tests i have done with my first drive unplugged...

Thanks for your reply,

MMainio