About WINXP SP2 Startup Boot Disks

takuma2004

I have just visited microsoft site and saw Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 Utility: Setup Disks for Floppy Boot Install released.

My question is that if i create Windows XP SP2 Pro startup boot disks which are about 6 floppy disks. I have Windows XP SP1 Pro installed on my computer and i want to format it using Windows XP SP2 Pro startup disks and then i will install Windows XP SP2 Pro.

Because i currently have Windows XP SP1 Pro installed on my pc and i want to format it using Windows XP SP2 Pro start up boot disks.

Will it format the WINXP SP1 Pro using WINXP SP2 Pro start up disks or i have to download WINXP SP1 Pro startup disk instead of that?

Hello,

I feel that you are confused between two things Formatting your disk & Using Service Pack 2 Boot Floppy Disks.

If you need to format your HDD then the version of Boot disks doesn't matter because they can all format your disk; however, if you want to not only formatting but also install service pack 2 with this boot disks then you should use Service Pack 2 boot disks.

finally, if you need other boot disks such as Windows 98 boot disk then click Here

The boot disks are exactly what's on the integrated sp2 cd, those disks are for people who can't boot from a cd-rom and need another method for installing Windows. If you can boot from a CD then don't use them, you can save some floppies. You can use any version of Windows XP (including the floppy disks) to format your hard-drive, there is now difference between them (from the formatting standpoint).