mass storage drivers with nLite

twindude

I'm trying to figure out how to install (unattendly) SCSI HDD drivers with nLite; before the OS starts to install so I don't get the error NO HDD's found?

I have the drivers in .inf and a .exe from HP...

Seems that 6402 RAID drivers are new......

I believe that slipstreaming raid/sata drivers into textmode is the same if you use nLite to slim down your XPCD or not. There are a number of topics on the forums covering slipstreaming raid/sata drivers, and perhaps someone has already posted a solution for yours. A good overview of the different methods available is maintained by my2001 here. Perhaps someone knows which driver twindude is talking about....wait a minute twindude I just remembered that you already have a thread about this same problem! You should really post some more information about your problem and stick with 1 thread please! Your original thread is here and I pretty much said the same thing the first time, please give us some more information and maybe we can help.

trainee...

ok i do not have the same problem now.......unless i'm over looking something

i'm not getting the oem error any longer....copy that file to the root of the CD

it just says at the start of windows gui part that can't find HDD.......

I have tried the txtmode setup with no luck as well and trying to intergrating the drivers.....

Okay, Im slightly reluctant to reply again, but no one wants to jump on this so I will... I think that you are trying to do TOO MANY THINGS AT ONCE. No offense or anything but you seem a little confused about exactly what eash utilitiy does. Integrating raid drivers *could* be the most difficult part of your unattended CD. So you shouldn't throw everything into the same pot...mix...and cross your fingers that it works. What you should do is get a virgin copy of XP (the original CD), follow the unattended.msfn.org guide to create a winnt.sif (with basic settings!) and THEN attempt to add drivers to that. No crazy component/nLite or anything else settings, the winnt.sif from your original post (here) was far, far, far too complicated to debug while slipstreaming drivers.

I do not claim to be any sort of expert on nLite...but...nLite is NOT a tool for integrating drivers. nLite is a tool for paring down your XP installation to remove specific components and extras you might not use and to free up space on your XPCD. This is an extrememly simplified description but just hold off on using nLite until you can get your drivers slipstreamed properly.

Now in your original post (here again) it appeared that you were trying to slipstream drivers to an Adaptec ultra 160 controller.

[MassStorageDrivers]"Adaptec Ultra160 Family PCI SCSI Controller (29160)" = "OEM"

"IDE CD-ROM (ATAPI 1.2)/PCI IDE Controller" = "RETAIL"

While I would love for you to get this working with M2 I just want to get you moving along so.... please see RyanVM's post (here). His pack might already be able to slipstream the appropriate drivers.

Now to the confusion:

I have the drivers in .inf and a .exe from HP...

Seems that 6402 RAID drivers are new......

Ummm what? what card is this? is this the same card as before or different? how does an adaptec card have HP drivers? I know there is some reasonable explanation but I'm no mind reader: you have to tell me what card you are using, what drivers (including the version) you are using, and hopefully indicate where you obtained them from.

Even more confusion:

i'm not getting the oem error any longer....copy that file to the root of the CD
again whats going on here? I think you are referring to the "TXTSETUP.OEM" not being found, but I'm not positive. Secondly, what did you do to remedy this? Copied TXTSETUP.OEM to the CD root directory? I have no idea how that would work.

I apologize in advance if this post feels heavy-handed but you really need to include some more concise, well-organized information. Take your time and make a good, detailed post of your situation. I really am trying to help, but you have to throw me a friggin bone here. Everyone has had difficulty with this stuff, I made about 3 bonehead posts in the nVidia driver thread just this week, but I gave enough information so that someone could quickly point me in the right direction. 15-minutes spent on making one really good, detailed post will get a much better response then fifteen 1-minute posts that appear to be all over the map.