Changing location of Shared Documents

GLO

Hi,

I have successfully moved My Documents for each "user" but I want to be able to move the SHARED Documents Folder.

As I am trying to keep all my users data in a central location so that I can easily back it up or move it to another PC, if i need to do a rebuild! (Plus it will keep my OS partition neater!)

• 1 month later...
A FAR cheaper alternative to Marsden idea :P would be to get the free Tweak UI Power Toy from M$.

Click here to download

Install it. Start the application and go to MyComputer section. Then Special Folders. There you can change the default location of multiple folders XP uses, including SHARED Documents Folder.

Hi Gabriel,

I am trying this now with a Brand new fresh install, and Tweak UI (latest version) and it only lets me change My Documents but not the "Shared Documents"

Any thing i am missing???

I admit that I haven't tried this option in TweakUI to see if does or doesn't work.

Though as you can see in the picture it says that changing the folder path it WILL NOT move the files to the new location. But that is no problem because you can move them after you change the path.

Anyway that's what it says in TweakUI. Again I haven't tested !!!

tweakui.png