Trouble With Access To Hotmail/other Secure Sites

gbok

Hi, i,m gbok, interesting forum u have here.

I,m well pleased with XP Pro, very stable and tweakable.

However i,m having a couple of problems with IE6, eg. using hotmail in XP. Also certain sites (My Bank) refuse to let me log in(I dont even get to the log in page???) :)

In win 98 hotmail and the bank site worked fine.

Any ideas?

I have cookies enabled and tried various privacy settings in IE. Nothing seems to help.

Cheers gbok

not sure about your bank, maybe it uses java? if so you will need to download it.

the xp firewall might be blocking other services, it is a pain in the neck and gives no prompts or any sign its even there apart from the padlock icon on the connection icon, and most people never have reason to even look in there as they only have the on connection... via dialup to the internet.

have you tried turning that off and using something like Kerio which is free and runs fine with XP? or maybe zonealarm which is free also (some people have problems with zone alarm and XP however, and it doesent work very well with AOL if you have that either)

hope either of thos eideas give you a clue....

if not, any more details for us?

Sorry i was a bit vague about the type of problem(s).

I have the xp firwall turned off by the way and use Norton firewall which normally asks if it is allowed to block somthing.

Hotmail i can log into but sending emails of any size is impossible. End up with a page not found message.

The bank site refuses to let me onto the page which i have to be in order to log in. I get a No permission message.

I just read on another forum that using an alternative browser might be the answer (work around) for Hotmail.

Ill try Mozilla. Maybe it will also get into my bank ;~)

Ill download Java as well.

Thanks for the reply, gbok