Installation guide: SQL 2000 on Win 2003 Cluster

raindrop

Hi

I am looking for a Step by Step guide for installing a new SQL 2000 on Windows Server 2003 Cluster.

I have the Step by Step Guide for Clustering on Windows Server 2003

the only thing I need now is the SQL 2000 part after setting up the cluster.

I have the guide for Windows 2000, but it is not the same.

Thanks in advance!

RD

You can add additional instances of SQL to maximize the use of your hardware, but they will be independent and therefore will not have access to each other's databases. If you are running two instances on two nodes, ensure that one node is able to handle the combined load of both instances to deal with single node failure scenarios.

A failover cluster provides improved availability and reliability. The choice to go to a cluster is unrelated to performance...

Will there be a chance of a shared-disk clustering option will being available in SQL (Yukon, maybe)? According to MS... no.

I would suggest you take a look at Chapter 5 of "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 High Availability".

You can add additional instances of SQL to maximize the use of your hardware, but they will be independent and therefore will not have access to each other's databases. If you are running two instances on two nodes, ensure that one node is able to handle the combined load of both instances to deal with single node failure scenarios.

A failover cluster provides improved availability and reliability. The choice to go to a cluster is unrelated to performance...

Will there be a chance of a shared-disk clustering option will being available in SQL (Yukon, maybe)? According to MS... no.

I would suggest you take a look at Chapter 5 of "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 High Availability".

I am trying to get a document regarding the installation proccess of a new SQL 2000 database on Windows Server 2003 Cluster with shared disks & named.

I already know the information above from experience.

I would like to have such document to my IT department. for new technical people.

I am trying to make life easier, in the worst case, I will do it myself.

Thanks for the tip

RD