Can't find XPCTBOOT.BIN

unabatedshagie

The only reason I am wanting to use xpcreate it to slipstream SP2 and get my sata drivers on my cd easily.

I have installed xpcreate into a clean directory and ran the xpcreate.bat file. It makes the folders and I place my sata drivers in the correct folder and also my winnt.sif file in the correct folder.

Problem is I run the xpcreate.bat file again and it copies the cd into the directory and then complains about not being able to find XPCTBOOT.BIN.

From searching this forum I have found that it should take the file from the cd and that some people run into problems if they edit the xpcreate.ini file. I havn't edited the file yet it still doesn't find the file.

Does anyone know what the problem could be or it there is an easier way to get the sata drivers onto the disk.

The only reason I am wanting to use xpcreate it to slipstream SP2 and get my  sata drivers on my cd easily.

Sounds like a lot of trouble for such a small requirement ... Anyway, that's another one of the reasons I insist on using a real, authentic, original CD.

Glad you got it figured out.