Slipstreaming SP2 to OEM CD w/SP1

jerbo

What I have:

1. nLite (latest release)

2. OEM XP CD (with SP1 already integerated)

Problem

When using nLite and seleting the SP2 to slipstream, I get an error that SP2 can't be integerated onto a CD with SP1 integerated. :no:

Is there any solution to this problem available? I would like to recreate the CD with SP2 integerated (as well as remove the OEM specific information.)

It's probably not that SP1 was already integrated, but that the OEM did something unorthodox to the CD. Oftentimes patches are applied or other changes made that make slipstreaming OEM CDs a difficult, if not impossible, experience.

Did you slipstream SP1 onto the OEM CD? If so, there might be hope, but if the OEM pre-applied it I'm not sure what can be done. Other people might have more information.

You can't slipstream a CD that has integration.

Integration is the addition of patches, fixes, or drivers to the Windows installer. Found most common with unattended installs or OEM recovery discs.

Your CD probably has something integrated into it...

Well, looks like I am out of luck then....Thanks fo rthe replies. At any rate, nLite helps even with the OEM recovery CD, since I now have a CD without all of the extranious software installed. And unattended mode to boot. B)

Actually.. It is very likely possible. Picking out the left overs that xp setup doesnt need after sp2 is slipstreamed could be a bit difficult, but possible. The fact that it is sp1 has no play in matter, it wouyld work fine if it was a normal sp1 cd.. If the OEM added hotfixes or whatever, you may need to remove those..

At any rate, nLite helps even with the OEM recovery CD, since I now have a CD without all of the extranious software installed.  And unattended mode to boot.  B)

Wow! Now that's news to me. So it looks like no matter what your CD is, nLite still can do its job of slimming down your XP install. Cool!

(remember that the ability to slip-stream an SP into install source is only supplementary, its not the main reason why nLite exists).