error on sp2 slipstream unattended CD

1. Copied my original XP Pro non SP1 CD onto my HD.

2. Followed the guide at theeldergeek.com to slipstream the files from SP2 to it. It worked with no errors.

3. Followed the guide at http://unattended.msfn.org/ to make an answer file (yes I downloaded the SP2 deployment toolds). Added a few modifications as per the sp2 section of the unattended.msfn.org page.

4. Made the image using CDIMAGE.EXE and the "ISO Creator for WinXP Pro.cmd" I got from http://unattended.msfn.org/

When I mounted the resulting ISO in Virtual PC 2004 it boots up into the install alright, but after the "Press F2 to run Automated System Recovery (ASR)..." message I get a screen that says, "Please insert the disk labeled Windows XP Progesional Service Pack 1 CD into Drive A: * Press ENTER when ready."

What did I mess up? If I test this with my old SP1 unattended slipstreamed CD I made, it works just fine.

Suggestions are welcomed :)

Well, the guide in my first post says to use the "C:\XP-SP2\i386\Update\Update.exe -S:C:\XP" to slipstream. I found other sources out there that say to use the /integrate switch to do it. I started over and did it with this switch... no problems!

Can anyone else confirm this?

I would just use nlite. It makes it soooo much easier.

What I do (when you download it), is use Nlite to pull the data off the WinXP cd, then point nlite at the SP2, then when its integreted, I cancel Nlite & go from there.

Instant SP2 slipstream.

I found that using the /integrate:<path> switch worked on using an extracted SP2 and using "-S:C:\XP" failed along with nlite everytime so gave up that method.

I think it's a case of some work for some and others don't

What did I mess up?  If I test this with my old SP1 unattended slipstreamed CD I made, it works just fine.

Make sure you have the files WIN51 , WIN51IP and win51ip.SP2 in your CDroot.