SP2 Unattended questions

The following questions are for Windows XP Pro:

I.- Does SP2 include the following, or do they have to be added to Unattended?

1.- DotNetFramework 1.1

2.- Movie Maker 2

3.- MDAC 2.8 (plus Q832483.exe hotfix).

II.- Will most SP1 registry tweaks work alright in SP2?

:)

Ok, it seems from what I have read elsewhere that:

1. You will still need to install DotNetFramework 1.1

However, the strange thing is that there is a DNF cab file in the SP2 Unattended folder:

\cmpnents\netfx\i386

Is this one DNF 1.1, and if so, why doesn't it get installed?

2. Apparently, MDAC 2.8 does not need installing, as MDAC 2.81 is supposed to be part of the SP2 install, thus replacing our previous MDAC unattended install and the hotfix patch.

3. Movie Maker 2: no info yet. I'll edit this once I complete my first successful Unattended SP2 install, which is in progress, as I write this.

4. Haven't seen anything regarding old registry tweaks not working. However, I think it is logical to assume some won't, and will need new tweak settings.

;)

Movie Maker 2 is included in SP2 - it's build 2.1.4026.0

and just as a side note - looking up the version number for you was the first time i've ever opened Movie Maker in my life. :lol:

SP1 tweaks will work. the only reason i could see them not working is if they changed something for security reasons. haven't come across anything so far though.

dirtyepic,

Thanks for the info... True regarding MM2, I haven't used it yet either...! Still, was curious, and intend to check it out in the future.

What's the deal though with DNF 1.1? Why does it not also install by default?

Is there a way to enable its installation from "\cmpnents\netfx\i386\netfx.cab"?

B)

the netfx.cab is .NET 1.0, and is only there as a by product of the slipstream. It's required for Media Center and Tablet PCs andis installed with those. If you wanted, there is a INF file in I386, that starts with netfx, and you can modify that to install .NET for all systems.

there is an INF file in I386, that starts with netfx, and you can modify that to install .NET for all systems.

Could you please describe what needs to be edited to do so?

And whether the netfx folder can be left in CMPNENTS folder to do this, or should the files in it be moved into I386?